no central heating

Sponsored Links
whats the difference between a diverter valve and a 3 port valve, other than a combi is three time the price.

Its also quite good practice and commen practice to install a combi suppling the kitchen and a cylinder doing the bathrooms etc

good practise or no, it aint common round here and why would you want to keep a cylinder of water hot all the time when what you use most often is heated instantaneously

Sponsored Links
because I dont know about you, but all the 3 port valves I have fitted have micro switches in them that wont start the pump until they are triggered and they are only triggered when the port calling for heat is open.

the pump motor might be running
that dont mean its diong anything
never heard of an impeller shattering/falling off

and you still didnt answer the first part of the question :rolleyes:

dia is right combi on a s plan is common practice :rolleyes:

if you read back I didn't say the pump was ok, I said the 3 port valve should be ok as the pump is running. As to the first part of your question, in combis I understood it was a diverter not 3 port, but whats in a name. they will know just what you want down the plumbcentre.

The pump could even be blocked but as I said before (twice) a manual would be a bit more help, especially as all that is happening here is us discussing possibilities and arguing over inconsequentials[/quote]

I always thought it was quite commen for the divertor valve to go wrong in a combi.

And the heating or hot water to still work

Yes Doitall it is.a Although I have seen it more often with hot water going off and heating still running due to the diaphragm perishing or stretching

marios_kin said:
Yes Doitall it is.a Although I have seen it more often with hot water going off and heating still running due to the diaphragm perishing or stretching

its still what i would check first.

If DP were here he would tell you exactly what to repair

interesting drawing and have never seen anything like it, is there no make no it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back