no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello ,
my central heating has decide to pack up.it is a glow worm economy50. i get hot water alright in the cylinder but if the heating is turned on the radiators do not heat up.
if i turn the heating on ,the boiler comes on for about two minutes and then goes off. i tried to reset it yesterday but pressing the reset buttom did nothing.
the only way i could get the boiler to come on was to turn the thermostat up.it however went off again after about five minutes.
can anyone give me some advice please? thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you have a couple of 2 port zone valves on your system I would suspect the ch one, failing that if you have a 3 port valve it could be knackered on the ch side. Worst case scenario would be a blockage in the heating circuit after the pipes have seperated from dhw circuit.

Give us more details of your entire system set up ;)

Motor valves or programmer or thermostst?

Tony

Sponsored Links
many thanks guys for the quick response. i will get an engineer in to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back