Ravenheat Combi Boiler Hot Water but No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It started earlier this year after a power failure. THe hot water was OK but the boiler would not fire up for central heating. We pressed reset, turned it on and off a few times, and it came back on and then same thing happened again later. All was working well til yesterday and I thought I would attempt to programme the timer for the first time since it was installed to save money in the winter gas bill. Then I turned the termostat up and there was no central heating ! So I cancelled all the timer settings and there is still no central heating but there is hot water. I've tried reset, mains on and off, and tried ON or OFF or AUTO on the timer and have cleared all programmes but it's not having it this time. The thermostat clicks in but the boiler doesn't fire up. AND I AM GETTING COLD !!! Any help appreciated ....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It started earlier this year after a power failure. THe hot water was OK but the boiler would not fire up for central heating. We pressed reset, turned it on and off a few times, and it came back on and then same thing happened again later. All was working well til yesterday and I thought I would attempt to programme the timer for the first time since it was installed to save money in the winter gas bill. Then I turned the termostat up and there was no central heating ! So I cancelled all the timer settings and there is still no central heating but there is hot water. I've tried reset, mains on and off, and tried ON or OFF or AUTO on the timer and have cleared all programmes but it's not having it this time. The thermostat clicks in but the boiler doesn't fire up. AND I AM GETTING COLD !!! Any help appreciated ....
Hi there i know this was posted a good few years ago but did you find a solution?? i seem to have the very same problem with the boiler coming after a power failure

Hope to hear from you or anyone....Thanks Timofy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back