No CH from Glow-worm combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just re-sited a radiator for a client and had to drain down and then refill a Glow-worm swift flow 100 combi. When finished I tested and found that the DHW was fine but the CH is not firing-up. The Temp control is on full, all but the towel rail are TRVs on full, and the Towel rail is open full. There is no room stat, and the clock is on constant.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the CH is not coming on???

Any help, much appreciated,

Graham

Sponsored Links
Its not often that I am unable to think of one possible reason for a fault !

But in this case if the boiler is completely silent when you select CH then a stuck diverter valve is the only thing that I can suggest but I do have to say its unlikely.

Obviously air in the system is the obvious expectation but we know that it works on DHW so that seems to be less likely to be the problem IF the boiler is silent on CH.

Tony

is the central heating switch on the boiler on located above the gas valve .Do not think boiler has divertor valve has bi-thermic h/exch relies on pump for c/h.

Sponsored Links
open pump vent see if it is spinning if not try to free it other possibility c/h thermistor fault check aav is open could be air lock

The boiler may well have a flow sw instead of a diverter read DHW flow SW but in that case the boiler would make a little noise when there was no DHW demand.

An open circuit sensor on the dhw will certainly stop this model from firing.

I encountered one last week but the sensor was OK however the sensor pin connections on the PCB were faulty.

An o/c CH sensor will probably also stop it from firing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back