no CH; Hot water OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyoone got a fix for this one !
i have no CH as of last week

Conventional system. Programmer fine, new; thermostat, fine (3 years old)

I have a crap Drayton Floweshare 2 ~ 2 position. not even a selectable mid position with which to have heating AND Hot water active
...it's allways swithing to the HW position; when i move the lever to the CH position, it returns to the HW position

is it faulty or should i look elsewhere for why CH is not working; as all rads are cold i didn't think of investigation the possibility of a airlock, but any help would be appreciated!

cheers
sally

ps. i've heard about replacing a motised vavlve, but this is a old flowshare 2...

Sponsored Links
don't weorry

i'll just read the posts about the 3 port valve as mentioned by other posts..prob is mine is a 2 port

s

cheerz corgiman

...surely you mean syncron motor...whats a head ?
i might say Sweet FA to it & by a 3-port valve from Screwfix

eitherway can i fix it on need a good bod ?

sally

Sponsored Links
No dont get a three port vaklve sally as you will have to rewire everything, by head i meant actuator, the white thing that connects to the valve body

no worries corgiman; screwfix.com sent both a 3-way valve & actuator; the wriing diagram for the valve i think i can work out having had a look when i bought the house & ~ to cover alll possibilites & take no chances i'll change the actutor as well

thx 4 you help

sally x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back