Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to replace Horstman 425 Diaem with a Hive. Problem with the old controller both HW and CH had to be in the on position for CH to work.

There were 2 wires in the first on position and 1 wire in the second on position on the backplate. Rest were common positions and jumped across.

Back of the Hive has 4 position HW off, CH off, HW on and CH on.

I can't for the life of me get the heating and hot water working independently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Johnny

Sponsored Links
you wont be able to unless you fit additional controls and possibly some pipe upgrading, you have a gravity circulating HW system, the boiler heats the waayer and gravity forces the water through the coil in your HW cylinder, when you select heating the pump kicks in and circulates the water through the radiators, the only way you can have independent control is to convert to fully pumped

Thank you Ian. I don't have a water tank in the roof space so assumed it wasn't gravity fed. I have it working for the heating which will heat the hot water so am happy enough then.

Gravity fed and gravity circulating HW are not the same thing, they are totally different

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back