No CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thorn M44/54B boiler Circa 25yrs +
Myson CP53 Pump

Boiler was banging badly so I drained down the system and let the expansion tank water run so it flushed the system through.
Added some sludge remover which say on the back that it can be left in the system for a couple of week, filled the system up.
As i was filling the system up i bled the up stairs radiators and had the boiler running at the same time.
The upstairs radiators heated up.
Bled the downstairs radiators.
Room stat is up to full
Now I have no CH but do have hot water. As far as I can make out the pump is working. I have bled all the radiators again but still no CH. Help!!!

Sponsored Links
I know the fault but it is going too cost ---

Thankyou very much for your kind reply, I found it extreemly helpful and will recommend you to everyone i know.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have an airlock somewhere - probably a pipe-run filling from both ends. With my system, even after I've bled all the rads, at first only the upstairs heats up. The answer I've found is to close all the upstairs rads, close the bypass and put the pump on the max speed for a few moments. You get loads of gurgling noises, then it all quietens down and everythings works fine. Just remember to open the bypass again afterwards and the upstairs rads.

Have you a bypass installed on your system and has it been closed by mistake?
Are all rads full of water?
Have you bled the pump? :D

Sorted the problem out.
Got the father in law round who is a plumber.

Drained boiler system and rads at the same time as having the air release valves open on the rads, closed valve on expansion tank and closed water main.
Fully opened all rads and air release valves, filled tank up and opened valve on expansion tank.
Rads & system filled pushing all air out of the system. CH working again.

You learn something new everyday!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back