No cold water in bathroom basin

Sponsored Links
It is not as simple as I was hoping it would be, there are no individual shut off valves fitted, and having looked at what is happening in her bathroom I am not sure if it is just the tap, the toilet cistern is filling VERY slowly.

:(

On her toilet it could be the diaphragm washer is sticking hence the slow fill.(assuming she has that type of washer). Turn off to the cold tap in the bathroom you may find on the outlet to cold water tank - if it's not stiff.

Starting to get beyond Mrs DIY? :eek:

On her toilet it could be the diaphragm washer is sticking hence the slow fill.(assuming she has that type of washer). Turn off to the cold tap in the bathroom you may find on the outlet to cold water tank - if it's not stiff.

Starting to get beyond Mrs DIY? :eek:

Sigh, probably!! and it is Miss not Mrs!!

Sponsored Links
Whats happening to the rest of the house taps now?
Assuming that the problem tap and the loo are fed by the loft tank, its a good idea to check to see if the tank is actually full of water.
There could also be lots of crud in there, and if its a galvanised steel tank rather than a plastic one it could be a good idea to leave it alone.....but see if you can see debris covering the tank outlet.
Its very kind of you to help the old lady out.....most people don't give a stuff about our neighbours.
John :)

="carolcarol";p="1952575Sigh, probably!! and it is Miss not Mrs!!

Turn of phrase; Carolcarol. I would not intentionally wish to degrade your status. No anamosity intended. Miss or Ms I'm sure your an ok thoughtful gal! :LOL: :LOL:

Update, I had to admit defeat and call for a plumber! He used the tap reviver kit, and apparently there was also an airlock.

He was very good, slotted her in for an early morning call when I explained she was very elderly, (rather than leave it until next week) he was there for nearly an hour and charged £35, so me and my elderly neighbour are happy.

thanks for all the advice offered. :D
carol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back