No cold water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an extremely high hard water area :( and my cold water supply in the non power shower has totally diminished. How can i defur the pipes :?:

Sponsored Links
The problem may not be throughout the pipes. What sort of shower/mixer is it?
How hot is your hot water? If it's over 60 odd you will get a lot more limescale problems. Is it an electric immersion heater?
Have you made sure the head is clean?
Where do you live, as a matter of interest?

If you unscrew/undo the rose on the shower(the part that the water actually comes out of), there may be a rubbery bit with holes in that you can rinse under a tap. As you bend the rubber the limescale sort of cracks and falls off. If not at least you can poke through the holes in the rose and that might help. Many weak acids dissolve limescale. ;)

Thanks for the prompt replies. The shower is a standard hot water feed from the boiler and cold from tank in the loft. The boiler temp is set to 65*. Lower the shower head and the pressure starts to become normal. oh yea we live in north norfolk.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back