No cold water upstairs after turning water off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To fix a leaky tap in the kitchen I turned the water off just under the sink. (This was left over night so I could get a new fitting).

When I turned the water back on I could get Hot and cold water through the tap in the kitchen, but only the hot taps are working upstairs.

Can anybody advise on how I can get cold water back too?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be an air lock - are your upstairs taps fed from a storage tank, or direct rising mains?
Or the silly one, while the water was off, did anyone else fiddle with any other isolators or valves to try to use the water upstairs, & perhaps accidentally turn the upstairs supply off?
To be any more detailed really we need a lot more info about how many tanks and cyliders you have to work out what system you might have, and descriptoin of how the non-working taps are supplied - each house is subtley different
And now the downstairs taps are back on, is the water pressure as good as it used to be - the stop tap may be not properly re-opening (though I'd expect something upstairs, maybe a weak piddle if down is working at all)?
regards

Downstairs flow is fine now and flow is as good as before so I don't think it's stop tap problem.

Nothing else has been touched at all. I'll research the rest when I get home tonight. Thanks for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back