no cold water upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 1930's house and I'm having bother with the cold water upstairs which I'd be grateful for some advice with.

Upstairs I have a toilet and a bidet which no water has flowed for weeks. Trying to fault find I opened the bidet cold water tap and water came out of the tap AND the out of the overflow hole, and then to my amazement the toilet filled up!

When I turn the bidet off the water flow stops. Is this an airlock?

Upstairs I have 3 water tanks all of which have water in them, one of them contains no ball cock but is joined to another tank next to the other tank is a very small tank, I suspect this is an indirect flow water system?

All of the tanks are widged against the roof so access is near impossible I can only see in one of the tanks and when I bang on the other one I can see water splash about onto the roof.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
I wish I knew! The beday has a hot and cold tap with an overflow hole in the middle/top and water comes OUT it when I turn the cold water on!

that hole your calling an overflow is it on the taps and has a thread ?

Sponsored Links
ok I had another look at the bday, when an overflow not a overflow ? when its another tap which I think is for cleaning the rim? hehe I've never used it. anyway I still have the same problem the tolilet only fills when I turn on the cold beday tap?

Unfortunatly I don't have a basin tap uptairs. The plan is to get rid of the beday and replace it with a sink.

why dont you just do a hand stand in your bath for cleaning yer
bahookie!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back