No DHW- Ravenheat 84ET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central heating seems OK but DHW not. Boiler is 3yrs old.I am informed that they are rubbish and should consider replacement. Help please!

Sponsored Links
What happens when you turn on a hot tap? If nothing, it may just need a new diaphragm. A cheap part, but a fiddly job.

when we turn the tap on, yes you are right nothing but-if we switch to the winter setting? and programme central heating,we can draw hot water at the taps.problem is,it's darn hot in the house.I have read all the basics about the combi system so I took the front cover off and sneaked a look.What I now know to be the diverter valve,seems to have a problem in so much as I think the switch at the end should be operated by the push rod set up that protrudes from the valve but it neither moves in any setting and is about 5mm away from the switch.Can I buy this valve complete.If I tap the valve,the boiler fires up but only on CH although we can draw hot water at the tap.Not a satisfactory solution though.Reference the "tap with anamma",
yes I am a retired motor engineer. Many thanks for any replies

You can replace the whole diverter valve. They're made by Giannoni and are used in lots of boilers, so can be bought quite cheaply. Make sure you get correct orientation of connections for your boiler. Try www.bes.ltd.uk for a very cheap version.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back