No door reed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

My GF fell out with the alarm company that use to maintain our alarm,

After 4(?) years of no alarm she has decided to get a new company in. I have been somewhat stand-backish and decided not to get involved.

I came home last night and discovered that we now have a wireless PIR in the hallway. When I asked the other half why, she retorted that he said that the old door reed wouldn't work with the new system.

Is it really the case the some systems cannot work with standard wiring? The guy also says that the wiring to the garage doesn't show continuity. I have no idea if he realised that the key pad in the garage had been discounted (and accordingly didn't show anything).

We only have one keypad in the house, in the lower hallway. I am worried that coming down the stairs to turn it off will trigger the alarm, and if it doesn't it means that the front door (when on a night time set) can be opened with out setting off the alarm.

If there was a good reason to ditch the door reed wiring, wouldn't a wireless door reed suffice?

Sponsored Links
Re -wire ...front door contact , or as you have said fit wireless contact depending on system/ panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back