No drive at rear wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Champion self propelled mower.
I removed both rear wheels, circlip, drive gears & pin through the shaft.
Cleaned it all up & put back together like ive done many times.
Now when i start it up & operate the bar to engage the gearbox & drive the wheels the wheels dont turn.

Ive done the following to check it out but still the same.
Undo the center wheel but just in case it was to tight.
Removed it again just incase the pin in each wheel was stuck in the shaft.
Neither made any difference.
With grass box removed & mower off the floor i operate the bar i see the drive shaft from gearbox spinning quickly no problem BUT wheels not turning.
With mower off & lifted off the ground i spin the wheel by hand & see the shaft turn no problem.
With the wheels back on & mower lifted off the ground i no look at the shaft that passes through the wheel, i operate the bar & i see the shaft spinning fine BUT no wheels are tuntning.

Im lost as to why

Sponsored Links
Two points:
The drive gear pinions may be handed;
If the drive pins have a rounded or chamfered end they need to be in the correct way round for them to engage. Dead easy to get this wrong, and the reason for doing only one side at a time.
Good luck with it!
John :)

Sponsored Links
The metal cogs that the pin falls into must be handed as just swapped them around & now fine.
You wouldnt believe how many times ive washed them together in petrol & just put them on,luck i suppose.
I better start it up as knowing my luck it wont start.

Pull cord then snapped

HA HA HA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back