no heat from central heating system even though fully on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well its come to that time of year again where i have switched the central heating back on after 6 months of it not being on................and yes problems.

I can't seem to get any heat from any of the radiators/system all rads and rad tails are cold. The pipework in the cupboard next to the hot water cylinder is the only pipework that is remotely warm.

Although confussingly the flow & return pipes at the hot water cylinder are cold yet I am getting a plentyful supply of hot water night and day ??????

I'v vented the complete system with the system (and pump) turned completely off - vented all rads and vents in cupboard next to cylinder.
I'v checked the F&E tank incase the system needed replenishing but thats all ok!!!!

I'c come to the conclusion either there is a blokage in the system and it needs complety flushing or there is a blokage in the circulating pump.

Because on the flow side of the pump the pipe work is very hot and on the other side of the pump its almost cold the pump its self is very hot too touch. After removing the large screw in the centre of the pump I'v found it to be working and the pin in the centre is circulating.

Am I right to assume the pump needs changing or cleaning ???

thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that you are on gravity hot water and pumped central heating and that the pump is shot....at a guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back