No heating because of BDR91?

have checked all four wires and terminals. and power is good to the relay. green light is on.

wires in the relay go to two places it looks like. to the left they go to the zone control or honeywell white box. to the right they go to the boiler.

have cleared binding and reattached relay to thermostat.

the controller controls 2 zones. 1 is upstairs 2 is downstairs and the underfloor.

not sure which zone BDR is operating, used to hear it click when powering up CH for downstairs (when i pressed override on control above), then two valves below would move. now i don't hear the click when i press override from controller above

relay box light stays green when i press override for heating (thermostat is at 30), but no click

i have a digital multimeter now (Draper), what tests should i cycle through with it?

Sponsored Links
If you. Take the clock off its mount, you. Seen more wires. Follow terminals 3 and 4. Do they go to the respective browns of the zone valves?

Are the grey and orange wires of the zone valves isolated and made safe?

We're trying to help you, but you are not answering the questions properly.

Ideally we need to know what terminals the AB wires terminate on in the boiler, but to do that you need remove the cover which is not advised as it is a room sealed boiler.

Sponsored Links
apologies for the delayed reply.

the AB wires go to terminals 7 and 8 in the honeywell box. brown to 7 blue to 8.

these then go up to programmer (as a grey lead out of terminal 7) and to valve 2 below boiler (brown lead from terminal 8 .

appears to be a loose black wire which goes to boiler

on BDR followed rebinding procedure from manual. there is only one bdr and one thermostat so does it control both zones?

"DT92E Wireless Digital Room Thermostat 1) Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds to put the unit into standby 2) Press the up and down arrows together for 3 seconds – it should say INst 3) Press the down arrow – it should say COnt 4) Press the up arrow three times – it should say CLr 5) Press the power button once to clear any previous binding data 6) Press the up arrow – it should say Cont 7) Press the power button to send the binding signal to the wireless relay:cool: The screen will return to normal and the red light will disappear from the relay 9) Press the power button for 5s and the screen will return to normal"

honeywell box opened up for wiring. black wire (sticking out top left, partially covering round screw) looks like it has come loose. it feeds into boiler.

white wire bundles (in top left corner) from left to right are programmer, ab from relay, nl from relay.

wire bundles bottom right are boiler, valve two, valve 1

GetAttachmentThumbnail

That black core is possibly unused...boiler switched live should be grey core in term 10.

yup that's right grey goes to the boiler

how do i remove the programmer to check wiring there, is it just a matter of unscrewing the two walls screws for it? also is there a way for me to check the bdr works as it should?

should i draw up a wiring chart for that 10 port junction box?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back