no heating on glowworm xtramax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I rented my flat out whilst working away. Just got back to find that the boiler was leaking water from the bottom and also the prv. Looks like tenants had left the filling loop open! I turned it off and let some water out and leaks appeared to have stopped.

Now the problem is i cant get the heating to work. Hot water is OK. When i feel the flow (left) and return (right), the return is hot but the flow is cold. The boiler will fire up but gets to temp very quickly and the flames shut off.

Took the front cover off to find two pumps. I assume the heating pump is the black one on the left. I undid the black screw cover to find a ?nipple/spring underneath. Pushing it in i heard a metal sound so i think this may be the pump spinning. Could the pump still be damaged (fom whats just happened) and not pushing water down the flow - or is there something else wrong.

Any advice is appreciated

Sponsored Links
I think right hand pump is heating, could be shot, is there power to it?

I think right hand pump is heating, could be shot, is there power to it?

Are you sure as on the installation manual it looks like the DHW pump is on the right and the c/h is on the left

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back