No hot water - BIASI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone,

We are currently without hot water and are seeing an ER 69 (with the spanner icon) code on our BIASI boiler. Does anyone know if there is anything we can do (i.e. resetting the boiler) to try to get hot water without resorting to an engineer?

The boiler is slightly temperamental and occasionally the central heating does not turn on, but we have not had a problem with the hot water before (we have been in the property for 2.5 years and the boiler was serviced in 2016).

The problem surfaced shortly after the electricity in the house tripped. The electricity is back on.

From looking online the ER 69 code means "wiring fault lockout".

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Louis

Sponsored Links
Which biasi model do you have ?
Does it work for central heating ?

The E69 + spanner fault does not have any obvious cause that I am aware of.

Why did your electricity supply go off?

It is always possible that the boiler pcb has been damaged by a power surge or spike.

Earlier Biasi boilers had very good circuits to avoid power supply problems but I do not know about this one.

All I can suggest that you could do is to turn off the boiler mains supply for three minutes and see what it does when it is repowered.

Has your mains supply wiring been tampered with? I am wondering if the polarity could have been reversed!!!

I went to repair a Biasi and discovered that fault and only then did the client admit that her uncle had "repaired" a mains wiring fault!

The model is Advance Plus 35C 47-583-31 and does both the hot water and central heating. We are currently without both.

The electricity tripped when I went to put the toaster on!

Sponsored Links
I just tried turning the boiler off at the mains supply......left it for 3-5 minutes and turned it back on......we now have hot water but still no heating......im going to leave it another 15 before I try turning the heating on again.........

I just tried turning the boiler off at the mains supply......left it for 3-5 minutes and turned it back on......we now have hot water but still no heating......im going to leave it another 15 before I try turning the heating on again.........
If you turned the power off you might need to reset the heating programmer

I am so pleased my last ditch solution has worked for you.

As Ian says your CH timer or wireless thermostat may need resetting or if wireless then "pairing up".

Seems your Biasi has not been damaged. I said they are well designed.

But I did go to one where a meter change resulted in the supply to the boiler being the inter phase voltage of 440v instead of the usual 230v.

In that case double the supply voltage did damage the input circuitry.

Thank you for all of your help. Noted the suggestion to re-programme our heating setings, seems they have all reverted to factory settings. The main thing is we now have hot water and heating!

Not bad really!

You come here for help, 90 minutes later you have hot water!

A further hour and you have heating too!

Faster than even British Gas would get there. But then they have strikes and covid and other problems.

I once surprised a Biasi boiler owner when they has a warranty issue.

Katie at Biasi phoned me and I noticed I was already within the same postcode!

I was at the Biasi within 20 minutes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back