No Hot water but Central heating works ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help can anyone suggest why my Ariston Genus HE Combi has just stopped heating water. The Central Heating lights upand workd with no problem but the boiler just does not light up for the Hot water. There are no error or malfunction signals, it just does nothing.

Help need a bath

Bob

Sponsored Links
don't no much about those boilers but that fault you describe is usually a flow switch or diverter valve problem depending on which you have..

Thank you for your response, I have had a look at the maintenance diagram and it would appear that it has both diverter valve and DHW flow switch. The boiler is only three years old and the last problem I had with it was the secondary heat exchanger blocked, but the problem with that was the water ran hot for a few seconds then went cold and then hot. This seems to be a different thing all together as it does nothing at all. Can you tell me what the fault would be with either of these parts, would it be dirt or just a failure of the part.

Thank you for your response, I have had a look at the maintenance diagram and it would appear that it has both diverter valve and DHW flow switch. The boiler is only three years old and the last problem I had with it was the secondary heat exchanger blocked, but the problem with that was the water ran hot for a few seconds then went cold and then hot. This seems to be a different thing all together as it does nothing at all. Can you tell me what the fault would be with either of these parts, would it be dirt or just a failure of the part.

Flow switches generally just get stuck/blocked with scale and the diverter valve usually need's a new diaphragm if its that type or if its motorised valve a new actuator

Sponsored Links
First port of call would be flow switch.
Since the boiler doesn't seem to be recognising a demand for water

If the boiler were firing then there could possibly be an issue with other components.

All is well, gave the Flow Switch a little tap and it fired up and is still going. I will probably have to take the switch out and clean it eventually but at the moment leave well alone

thanks for your suggestions. this is a great site with great people

Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back