No hot water CH OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent the last 2 hours looking through previous posts, but still not sure of answer to the problem.
Moved into a new house today, which has had the system drained down for the past 2 months. (Now refilled - should I add inhibitor?)
Boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 50RS.
CH works ok, but no hot water.
When I open a hot tap, the main burner does not ignite and the water runs cold.
Pump is running OK.
There is a Honeywell valve with a lever on the bottom, next to the pump. I can move the lever, but not sure what position it should be in.
Is it the valve, or something at the boiler end?
many thanks for any advice, Dave

Sponsored Links
does the honeywell valve have 3 pipes into it or just 2?

When I open a hot tap, the main burner does not ignite and the water runs cold.

prob cos its a normal boiler :idea:

There is a Honeywell valve with a lever on the bottom, next to the pump. I can move the lever, but not sure what position it should be in.

it should have been locked mid position (man) when you filled the system

check the pipework near the cylinder for air vents :idea:

If the original questioner answered some questions we could help more.

This is not a combi boiler and it heats a hot water cylinder ( big tank in cupboard ! ).

There may be a programmed with certain times to be set for CH and HW. perhaps this just needs to be set? Probably has an advance to get you going.

Valve in manual mid position should give both HW and CH if either is selected on a timeclock.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick responses.
I assumed that it was a combi boiler and would give instantaneous hot water without having to heat the tank up. Programmer has option of HW only, or CH + HW. (Doesnot ignite on HW, and no extra gas flame when tap open and CH working)
As I've not moved in yet and am still at my old house, will check pipes to valve 2moro.
Dave

You may have an electric immersion heater to tide you over until the gas heating of the HW is sorted out.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back