no hot water from any of the taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a vokera combi boiler and I noticed that I'd let the pressure drop right down so I used the valve under the boiler to raise the pressure back up to 2 from 0. The valve I used to do this is usually left in the halfway mark and to raise the pressure I give it a quarter turn anticlockwise and then return it to half way once the pressure has increased. This time, I moved it back too far and I could hear water rumbling somewhere as if a tank was filling up?? I stopped it almost immediately and corrected it back to the halfway it normally sits at. Since then, I've got absolutely no hot water at all. I don't mean the water runs cold but none of the taps in the house runs any water at all when they are turned on.

HELP!! I'm on a low budget and expecting my kids to come for christmas tomorrow. Is there anyone out there who can give me some advice? I'm tearing my hair out here. At the moment, I've turned all the hot taps full on (none of them even drips now) in the hope that there may be air trapped somewhere. Am I doing the right thing? Is there anything else I can try? The other thing is that usually when the tap is turned on I can hear the boiler fire up until the tap turns off again. This time (even though all taps are open) there's no sign of the boiler firing... I'm at my wits end...

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure of the make but a label inside the set timer area says Linear 28.. could that be it?

I turned that valve back pretty quickly and it's now in the normal position. How do I turn the cold feed back on?

Sponsored Links
Hi whoopee! I've got water... well, ok, just a trickle and only from one tap at a time but that's a start. I've left the valve in the top position but I thought I had to leave it in the middle position. Ah! well, I'm not complaining as long as something is coming through the taps.

Next problem is how to get more than a trickle out of any tap... do you think there is an airlock now because I've been stupid... :)

Thanks for your replies Steve... I'm getting a little worried now though. The boiler is fired up high nonstop since I turned that valve to the top position and the temperature is climbing. Even though the taps are all turned off now... What's a safe temp? It's now showing 78C is that OK? The pressure guage is also climbing, now at 3.5 out of 4. Is that normal? sorry, it's clear I don't know much about this and I'm showing my ignorance but any info you can give is appreciated.

Hi again
I panicked and turned the whole system off when the temp reached 85C. I don't understand why the gas jets are on high when there are no taps running at all. I was worried in case the thing exploded. Of course, now I don't have hot water or heating as I'm switched the thing off. I haven't touched any other switches/valves except the original one. Any ideas??

If the pressure is continually rising, its cos the filling loop is still open, putting more water in the system.If the pressure got too high it would dump it outside, but anyway.

Put the valve back to where you normally do and ffs call a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back