No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just drained down cental heating system, removed a radiator, filled the system back up, bleed all rads heating working fine. BUT ! no hot water, got a good flow but not hot. Boiler is a ideal mexico 2 along with a standard indirect cylinder with no stat. where am i going wrong? any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
when u turn the hot water on....does the valve (3 port valve ?) open up and allow water into the cylinder ?...feel it...it should go from mayby warm to rather hot

There is no 3 way valve in the system but the flow into the tank is hot but the return is only warm.

Bleed the cylinder coil.

Is there an air vent on the upper primary pioe into the cylinder?

If not crack the union on that pipe where it enters the cylinder to let the air out.

Sponsored Links
Bleed the cylinder coil.

Is there an air vent on the upper primary pioe into the cylinder?

If not crack the union on that pipe where it enters the cylinder to let the air out.

Do it carefully or you will be replacing the cylinder !!!
Always worth a try turning the boiler stat up to max and running HW only to see if that shifts the air lock.
There is another method I use but would not recommend it to a DIYer on an internet forum :)

Thanks guys for the advice, hasn't got a a bleed off but i've manage to get hot water but the air lock has moved to an upstairs rad, proving difficult to bleed but still at it. thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back