no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a chaffoxeaux &maury britany combi boiler. Since yesterday evening ive not been able to get any hot water from any hot tap. when the tap is opened i get cold water. the boiler fires up alright and the large pipe from boiler that feeds the hot taps heats up indicating that the boiler is working as should. Ive bleed all radiators removed any possible air lock in the taps by fitting a short length of hose between the kitchen cold tap (mains feed) and the kitchen hot tap, opening all hot taps then the cold one and shutting hot taps as cold water flows through. the heating is working ok so problem is just in taps.

Sponsored Links
If as you say the boiler reacts to demand for HW, I would suspect the diverter valve stuck on CH, or possibly plate Heat Ex blocked.

To test, make sure you heating is cold, open the a hot tap and feel the flow pipe under the boiler. If this gets hot then your diverter is stuck, if not would remove the plate heat Ex and try giving it a clean, although usually just replace them myself.

If it is a diverter valve prob then would get in a pro to replace, as they are quite fiddly to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back