No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know much about plumbing so bare with me.
I know it is not a combi boiler I have.
I took the radiator of from the bathroom and when I put it back on I have had no hot water. The radiators are roasting but the water is freezing.
I have bled the bathroom rad.
Any Ideas?
All would be welcome

Sponsored Links
This sounds like some cowboy installed the system. I bet that the bathroom rad is on the hot water circuit from the boiler to the hot water cylinder and not the heating circuit ( quite common as people want the bathroom rad to come to dry towels if the heating is off but water is on). Instead of plumbing the rad to both the flow and return circuit to and from the boiler, I suspect the rad has been plumbed on either the flow or return pipe. By removing the rad the circuit is broken, so no flow to the cylinder.
Floor up time Im afraid!

Sponsored Links
Agree with Westbrook,you probably now got an airlock on the hot water side which the air need to be force back up the hot water feed with cold mains feed back to the cold storage tank.Not for too long as you will overfill the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back