No Hot Water

If I understand correctly the op has dropped the horizontal pipe runs down 100mm and then back up again so no chance that is going to circulate using thermosyphon.

Sponsored Links
I was waiting for you to tell us why the OP put PTFE tape on the compressions nut threads.

If I understand correctly the op has dropped the horizontal pipe runs down 100mm and then back up again so no chance that is going to circulate using thermosyphon.

In spite of that I would have expected it to still work to some extent.

I still think is air in the long horizontal section.

OP, was there some slope in the pipes you replaced?

Sponsored Links
100 mm will have only a very small effect on the gravity flow.
Utter nonsense..
Maybe you could educate us on the circulating pressure (mbar) per metre length of circuit height @ a flow temp of 80c and a return temp of 70c?
If the OP would like to post the length of pipework along with the gradients then maybe you could calculate the circulating pressures in order to determine whether or not circulation will take place.

Yes, there was, but not a massive amount. Probably only 5cm over 2.8m.

Thanks for your help everyone... Time to go buy a bit more pipe, take out the kitchen units, cooker, fridge freezer... All for a separate shower.

Next time the wife asks for a new bathroom, I might just move house.

Iain

The 50 mm may not seem very much to you.

But it will ensure that air is naturally correctly vented.

Tony

That needs me to take off case and measure burner pressure and do a gas rate!

They take time out from enjoying life which is my priority.

On this thread the small down will be balanced by its up although it will add an extra flow resistance.

I just turned down the min gas setting.

This is because my lodger insists on running the heating with just the one 1200 W rad in his room turned on.

Of course with a fixed speed fan the excess air will be making it pretty inefficient. But the objective was to prevent cycling.

I tell him to leave bathroom rad on but he turns that off.

This is because my lodger insists on running the heating with just the one 1200 W rad in his room turned on.

Of course with a fixed speed fan the excess air will be making it pretty inefficient. But the objective was to prevent cycling.

I tell him to leave bathroom rad on but he turns that off.
Absolute Tosh the boiler wouldnt light

Below 2mb??
Burner certainly won't cycle thats for sure...
In order to achieve the 10:1 turndown ratio that you were expecting I would imagine burner pressure setting for ignition rate to be around 0.1 mb???...could you confirm please?
Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back