No Hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this so be patient...

I have an Ideal Mexico 2 - system appears to be firing up - radiator in bathroom gets hot and they all heat up when central heating is on full. Yet when hot water alone is on I seem to run out of hot water/doesn't seem to reheat - any idea's? I have separate immersion switch which seems to heat water ok.

Any help/suggestions welcome!, please

Rachel

Sponsored Links
You probably have a 3 port or 2 x 2 port valves in your airing cupboard. One of these will control the hot water side and has probably had it.

If you can look in there and tell us what you see it will help. If you haven't got these what else is there that you can see?

Do you have 2 or 4 pipes off your boiler?

Hi, thanks for your response. I think I have 4 pipes going into tank. One straight down from loft into top of tank and one straight into bottom, this appears to have a stop cock/valve? with a place to drain water from. 2 other pipes hidden round back of tank - difficult to see but they go in one a little higher than the other. Can't see anything that looks like a valve tho?

Rachel

Sponsored Links
confusing the lady Dave,
from last post two from the boiler, 3 or 2 port hidden under floor ;)

Hi,

its very compact - can see one pipe from the front of the boiler near the switch to light the pilot light - however to the side/outside the unit in space near the flu there are 3/4 pipes.

Sorry, guess this doesnt help much?

Sounds like a gravity system to me then, what you reckon craig? possible blockage in the primary flow or return with the bathroom rad on the hw circuit as a heat sink.

Would go for the blockage on the t where the 15mm joins the 28mm return off the cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back