No money,wife angry,Baxi 80e HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sirs/lesbians
Baxi 80e,heating seems ok,HW is low temp example=after 3 min run(tap fully open) measured water temp 40*c. Temp on display 70*c
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sponsored Links
That means nothing with out quoting the flow rate in litres per minute.

It sounds as if the plate heat exchanger is getting a little blocked up.

What test instrument(s) did you use to measure the temperatures?

Tony

could be a couple of things but if the boiler is 5 or 6 years old then i often have to replace the dhw thermistor but as agile says it could also be the plate exchanger or the diverter letting by.

Sponsored Links
Reduce the flow at your tap. This time of year the boiler has to heat the water through an extra 10ºC or more because the mains water temp is lower.
Reducing the flow will mean that the water is around that little bit longer to get heated up more.
Bet you wish you had a 105e now? That extra 25kbtu really does make a difference at this time of year.
Undersized gas pipes have the effect of reducing your boilers maximum output.
A partly closed Main gas valve [ECV] could also do it.
There could be something wrong whether we hit on it yet or not but if you are concerned an RGI should be able to check gas rates and pressures for you and propose a solution
Dear Sirs/lesbians
How did you know I was a lesbian?

ok got a money making idea.

scrap those home information packs
and
get a woman information pack for us guys to check out what we are letting ourselves into.

I got a 'woman information pack' - it came from my ex wifes solicitor and lists all the things that need to be done to maintain a wife (and more interestingly a full list of all possible male defects - it would appear that I have most of them and should be recalled under warranty)

Very useful infomation pack - if only I had it at the start of the relationship rather than at the (expensive) end!!!

That means nothing with out quoting the flow rate in litres per minute.

It sounds as if the plate heat exchanger is getting a little blocked up.

What test instrument(s) did you use to measure the temperatures?

Tony
Tony
Thanks for your time,model is in fact 105e.Temp was measured with multimeter and after further investigation(took cover off) diaphragm that operates DHW will switch OK when downstairs tap is opened but when upstairs bath tap is opened it's not extending far enough to operate switch ?.Can I descale heat exchanger as the mains water is high TDS(midlands) and is diaphragm ****ed?

Reduce the flow at your tap. This time of year the boiler has to heat the water through an extra 10ºC or more because the mains water temp is lower.
Reducing the flow will mean that the water is around that little bit longer to get heated up more.
Bet you wish you had a 105e now? That extra 25kbtu really does make a difference at this time of year.
Undersized gas pipes have the effect of reducing your boilers maximum output.
A partly closed Main gas valve [ECV] could also do it.
There could be something wrong whether we hit on it yet or not but if you are concerned an RGI should be able to check gas rates and pressures for you and propose a solution
Dear Sirs/lesbians
How did you know I was a lesbian?
Thankyou for your time.After further investigation(removed cover) diaphragm for DHW will operate OK when downstairs tap is opened but when upstairs bath tap is opened it doesn't have enough action to operate switch?,also model is in-fact 105e but I cannot find these extra 25kbtu you tell of.
When flow is reduced at tap no discernable diff can be felt in temp,burner stays on throughout, this I think points to scale build up in heat exchanger,do you agree?.Is diaphragm damaged or is there some other reason for inconsistent movement of pressure assembly?
P..S.. Had no idea you were a lesbian ,whats it like?

something must be wrong in your observations/measurements.
if the flow is reduced, it is impossible for the gasuse to stay the same and at the same time not get a temp increase. nothing to do with limescale; simply total energy in = total energy out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back