NO MORTAR between bricks !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
After recently digging up the old concrete path at the back of the house, Ive noticed that the bricks below where the path used to be have no mortar between them, In fact they closer together also than the bricks above them which are obviously mortared and pointed. Is this a problem, does it need fixing or is this the way it should look??
This curiousity starts on the 3rd layer down from the DPC.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
thats pretty much it, yea.
I can only see the front i havent taken a brick out yet, but when removing a step at the front of the house a few months ago I found the same thing, behind where this step had been the bricks just came out with no moratr, so im asuming the same in this case.

hmmm, not sure about this yet..

Normally it mean rough brickwork as it's cannot be seen but with mortar !

Sponsored Links
You say old path so I presume the house is also old. If it hasn't caused any problem up to now it's not likely to. I would leave it alone. There isn't much you can do about it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back