no. of points served

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

been using this forum a lot, thanks for all the good advice posted! this is my first post, and it'll probably sound pretty silly, but here goes:

does a fcu for a boiler count as a point in the "no. of points served" column on a p.i.r.?

what about spurs (double sockets) on a ring circuit?

i would assume so, but the numbers don't tally with whats on the p.i.r. and i just want to confirm it (or not) before ranting and raving to the contractor who did the report. :)

thanks.

mumbley

Sponsored Links
every point of utilisiation.

evey socket, every spurred socket, every FCU on the circuit.

every light fitting, every bell transformer etc on the circuit.

Also, for an EIC, it is a mandatory question, on a PIR, it is only desireable.

thanks for confirming that, Lectrician.

so altogether, the contractor has managed to miss 10 double sockets, 2 light fittings and 1 fcu!! ok, so the 2 'missing' light fittings and 1 of the double sockets are in the loft, but he should've checked in there.

as for the fcu and double sockets, well.... i'm waiting to see what he says about those!

Not really a slapable offence!

As I say, for a PIR it is not a requirement to list, but it is for a completion cert.

Sponsored Links
would a ch system just count as one point of utilisation or several (e.g. pump boiler etc counted seperately)?

no, you're right :LOL:

but seeing as he was paid what seems like an arm and a leg, he could have been a little bit more thorough and accurate... the circuit numbering and designation were also mixed up.

at the end of the day, if i pay a professional what he asks for doing a job, i shouldn't expect a sub-standard result.

Lectrician said:

As I say, for a PIR it is not a requirement to list, but it is for a completion cert.

What column on a completion cert assks for number of points served (unless you`re using an NICEIC one) ??

OK, I am speaking in NIC terms. Although, I was sure the model forms also have a column for no of points :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back