No power to mira sport electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I've got a mira sport electric shower and there is no power to it. I was using a mouse sander earlier in the bathroom to smooth down some old rawlplugs that I cant get out of the tiles and as a precaution I turned the isolator off for the shower (the isolator has not been turned off for a long while).

I've been to turn it back on and the light on the isolator won't come on and theres no power to the shower. The breaker on the consumer unit hasn't tripped. I've tried turning the breaker and isolator off then on but still nothing.

The isolator has a little window with off visible in it when off and its got a solid red bar when on (as opposed to it saying on when it was last working, I think).

Any ideas please if there is anything else I can do/check not being electrically minded or is it time to call the friendly local sparky tomorrow?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi EFLImpudence,

When its turned to on it shows a solid red block. I've tried to attach a picture.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20191103_175414.jpg
    IMG_20191103_175414.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
As you are " not electrically minded " you no doubt will not have any testing equipment to check out the switch / supply, Time to call an electrician methinks .

Sponsored Links
As you are " not electrically minded " you no doubt will not have any testing equipment to check out the switch / supply, Time to call an electrician methinks .

Thanks Terry, nope have no electrical kit, electrician sounds like a good idea. Or time to remind the Mrs about much she used to love long hot baths ;)

Hi EFLImpudence,

When its turned to on it shows a solid red block. I've tried to attach a picture.
Yes, you said that but you didn't actually say whether it was still doing it, now.
That is, showing red although the light is not on.

If so, I would think you need a new switch.

Looks like the Isolator hasn't quite switched on by the looks of the Red Rectangle position and as EFLi says the Neon isn't on either...

Thanks guys will get on to a sparky tomorrow as its still toast. Its still showing the solid red block but no light is on. I've pulled on and off a few times and there's no change.

Had a few tissues getting a sparky so had a go myself after a colleague gave me a whiteboard session on basc electrics. It was the isolator switch after all. Shower back on, thanks for the help diagnosing guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back