No power to underfloor heating and extractor fan.

Tbf - not sure that the extractor fan in bathroom should be from your wiring center for heating. Checked all switches are on?

im sure you’re right about that. The only thing that I can think of is the RCD which is outside the bathroom. It just seems to be a coincidence that when the wires were changed over the power stopped.

I’ve been looking at s plan wiring diagrams and not convinced that it’s wired correctly and there looks to be a mystery wire in a5 and a6 without an earth.

Sponsored Links
The cylinder stat, surely?
Yes you’re correct. I’m working my way through all the wires. I should have feeds for

3a fused spur
CH valve
HW valve
Boiler
Cylinder
Hive programmer/room thermostat

I can’t figure out where the red and black in A5 A6 are from and there’s no neutral.

What valve type have you put in, Personally I don't recognise the wiring colours for a 2 port valve but it's not often I work on heating systems this small so I'm not that ofait with domestic kit.
upload_2020-10-25_18-0-24.png

My gut feeling is it looks correctly wired to this diagram of a 'programmer' system[my thanks for Flameports drawing which I hope he doesn't mind me altering]. However I'm suspicious that the new valve wiring may not be correct, or even the wrong actuator.
I assume your hive unit [not kit I've ever come across] is a straight replacement for the programmer and the red/black cable you mentioned is the existing room thermostat.
Revised labels:
upload_2020-10-25_18-24-57.png

It looks to me that the unused black is most likely just a spare conductor in boiler cable.

Looking at your pic that I've just reposted I'm not sure of the colour of the valve wire into terminal 6. Is it brown or pink?

Sponsored Links
Looking at your pic that I've just reposted I'm not sure of the colour of the valve wire into terminal 6. Is it brown or pink?

It’s hard to believe but it’s meant to be brown albeit the most pinky brown I’ve seen.

on another note I have power back on the extractor fan and the underfloor heating. Feel a bit of a wally as the isolator comes on when the bathroom light is on (doh) and I squashed the underfloor control unit in a bit and power is back.

thanks for the revised diagram. It does make more sense now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back