No ricochet network found

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, thank you in advance for your help. I have recently purchased a texecom v4.02 firmware wireless house alarm, long story short, I have been let down by alarm fitter, so am trying to install it myself. I have fitted the control panel to the wall, fitted the battery in the sequence in said in the manual, red wire 1st then black wire 2nd, holding down the default button. The alarm sounded, so pressed 1234 as per the instructions. The alarm stopped, but now I have this fault on the wireless keypad, ( No ricochet network found). I have stupidly realised that I have connected the keypad in the wrong order as per the manual. I have tried a number of times taking the batteries, then connecting the engineering cable supplied and re-fitting the batteries and still getting the same fault....

Thanks guy's

Sponsored Links
Are you plugged onto the engineer keypad port not a Com port?

Are you getting any menu at all on the keypad?

Hi thanks for your reply, it is in the engineer port now, I did unknowingly plug it in the com 2 port 1st tho. And no menu at all on the key pad, it says when plugged in that the panel is off and tamper msg, but when it asked do you want to learn the pad, I press the tick and it comes up with a searching msg, then no network found...

Make sure the commissioning link is in commissioning mode (far right of Panel PCB).

If not maybe power the panel down and start again.

Sponsored Links
Commissioning link is in, I will do another power down now, thanks much appreciated

Hi sorry me again, the keypad is showing net Net RKP> and EXP >1, It tells me to confirm but when I do, it goes back to the Net RKP fault again

That’s the Confirm devices screen. Should be reading RKP 1... EXP 1.... your just confirming that you agree with what the system is seeing on its data network. If this is ok escape from that menu and move on to other programming

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back