No running Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just returned from holidays and have no running hot water (no water at all from hot tap) everything was working fine before we left so I'm a bit puzzled, nothing has been turned off to cause this?
We have a Valliant Eco Plus 824 Combi Boiler but it's heating the Rads fine??
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
is any water at all coming out of any hot taps ,or are all of them giving nothing. and are cold taps giving water ?

Sponsored Links
Cold water is running but to be honest it does seem to have lost a bit of water pressure! Heating is working ok

so if your hot water is coming directly from your combi boiler ( no hot water tanks ), then the cold feed going into the boiler has been isolated or there is a blockage inside the boiler ( most likely a filter ). you said the cold water seems to have less pressure , is it possible that water supply's have been worked on in street while you were away ? ask neighbours ,or water supplier.

If water pressure has changed would that effect the combi boiler?

it would affect the flow coming out hot taps. it would not result in no water at all coming out. and your c/heating will still work as the water is sealed in the radiator circuit and just gets pumped around and thru the boiler. the reason I ask about work in street , is because if water to you has been shut off whilst emergency or maintenance has been carried out on mains , sediment can come thru when put back on ,and this can block filters .

did you turn your stop tap off before you went away ?

how much cold water flow have you got ?

Never touched anything? Seems to be ok running ok in the sink and bath upstairs? But nothing from hot taps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back