No running Hot Water

Sponsored Links
Doing nothing nothing when turning? It's not even trying to fill itself when I turn the other valve?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the water inlet valve is open at the boiler? This should be the valve just to right of the gas inlet pipe (which is central to the boiler), cold water inlet pipework is normally in 15mm.
Also check for any other isolation upstream of this.

If it is open, then is there any other isolation valves on the pipework leading from the hot water outlet pipework, this should also be 15mm pipework to the left of the gas inlet.

It maybe worth checking for blockages or faulty valves.
Would consider isolating the water inlet to boiler, isolating electrical supply to boiler, then opening the nut on the hot water outlet, you may need a water collector for any water remaining in boiler and pipework.
Once the nut is open and outlet connection/union is exposed, try opening the the water inlet valve and then see if water is passing through the hot water outlet connection/union. If water does pass through at a expected rate. Then you have a blockage downstream of the boiler. If it does not you have a blockage or faulty valve upstream of the hot water outlet.

Another thing that could help diagnose the issue, is if you can raise the water pressure in the heating system, through the filling loop. As this would confirm that cold water is getting to the filling loop at the boiler.

Last edited:
Another thing that could help diagnose the issue, is if you can raise the water pressure in the heating system, through the filling loop. As this would confirm that cold water is getting to the filling loop at the boiler.
He's already tried that , my money is on steels suggestion if he has checked all the above . The amount of times I've been to a job where they reported faulty boiler and 90%of the time they have tried raising pressure in boiler beforehand :)

He's already tried that , my money is on steels suggestion if he has checked all the above . The amount of times I've been to a job where they reported faulty boiler and 90%of the time they have tried raising pressure in boiler beforehand :)
I see that now, but when I posted, unfortunately some posts were not visible or showing to me at the time:cry:

Doing nothing nothing when turning? It's not even trying to fill itself when I turn the other valve?
The plastic handles on these valves are poor quality and probably not actually turning the valve, remove the screw in the centre of the handle and pull it off ant turn the valve with an adjustable wrench or something, do it with a hot tap open and you will hear when you have it in the correct position.

The plastic handles on these valves are poor quality and probably not actually turning the valve, remove the screw in the centre of the handle and pull it off ant turn the valve with an adjustable wrench or something, do it with a hot tap open and you will hear when you have it in the correct position.
good point ian forgot about that (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back