no water from a thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

brand new thermostatic mixer shower, fitted all plumbed in correctly, however there is literally only a dribble that comes out the head, the cold comes from a 42 litter tank in the loft 4meters above height of shower, and the hot comes from the cylinder in the cupboard 2m from the shower,the shower is downstairs basically

any ideas as to whats going on? why so little water?

cheers guys in advance

Sponsored Links
Or airlocks? Do you have any pipework that goes up and over?

Have you tried removing the shower head and lowering the hose to see if it kicks in?

I have had the situation before where I have had to remove the valve to get the water flowing through. When replaced it was fine.

thanks for the replies

ok apparently the box says its for high pressure!! so I'm guessing thats the problem right there!

so...... whats the solutions as its been so nicely tiled in!!! ha ha how do we increase the pressure? to make the shower work,if possible!

Sponsored Links
Hell, you still have a sense of humour....!
A shower pump, which pumps both the hot and cold supply may be for you - I've never fitted one though so it's over to those with a brain cell :p
John :)

A shower pump, which pumps both the hot and cold supply may be for you - I've never fitted one though so it's over to those with a brain cell :p

yes mate, not the end of the world can be sorted I'm guessing,

ok so, what can you guys tell me about shower pumps, there is quite high pressure on all the taps around the house.....im guessing the water pressure will be increased on them as well, can they be reduced so when little ones are doing their teeth not flooding the bathroom :D

yes mate, not the end of the world can be sorted I'm guessing,

ok so, what can you guys tell me about shower pumps, there is quite high pressure on all the taps around the house.....im guessing the water pressure will be increased on them as well, can they be reduced so when little ones are doing their teeth not flooding the bathroom :D

The pump will purely increase the pressure and flow to the shower. It'll need to be fitted inline from the tanks to the shower. The small header tank in the loft may need to be increased as well, that will soon run out with a pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back