No water from some hot water and cold water taps

P

peter1234

In December I have turned off the mains and emptied the tank in my house because the weather was very cold and the house is empty. The stopcock is in the kitchen under the sink. A week ago I turned on the mains again and I have water in the kitchen but not in the bathroom, which is in the first floor. In the bathroom there is some water flow from the hot water taps, but none from the hot water ones. I have checked the tank in the loft and it is full.

I would be most grateful for any help to deal with this problem.

Sponsored Links
Its air locked mate, and can affect any taps that don't get their water direct from the mains.
Basically, you force high pressure mains water up each tap in turn, until it forces any trapped air back to the loft tank. Takes a bit of juggling with the hose and Hozelock fittings!
John :)

I am most grateful to John for his helpful response.

Since in the first floor there was some hot water and no cold water, I bought an additional Hozelock, cut a piece from the garden hose and used it with the 2 Hozelocks I have now to pass water from the hot water to the cold water tap in the bathroom hand basin. I did this twice and it solved the problem for the cistern, the bathtub and the hand basin. This website is excellent.

When I visited a DIY shop I could not find the right plumbing equipment for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back