noggins for stud wall if hanging units from>?

S

snadge

iam about to board the stud wall in kitchen, but, before I do I need to know if I should be putting noggins in where 1 unit is going to be hung from...? so it has something to fix into?

thanks

Sponsored Links
It is always best to plan a head and placing noggins in stud work to support kitchen units, shelves, even mirrors and pictures is an excellent practical procedure.
So your answer is Yes!

Sponsored Links
I boarded my stud wall in the kitchen with 18mm wbp ply. The fitters loved it!

The visible bit above the units was the only part that was boarded and skimmed.

iam about to board the stud wall in kitchen, but, before I do I need to know if I should be putting noggins in where 1 unit is going to be hung from...? so it has something to fix into?

thanks
put some 1/2 ply between studs fixed to battons where all units are going it will also help when hanging kitchen accesorys etc.as noseall says

thanks
put some 1/2 ply between studs fixed to battons where all units are going it will also help when hanging kitchen accesorys etc.as noseall saysswer

that is the only answer
. and the most professional way..

Fit your plasterboard leaving a 100mm gap at cup'd bracket height and fill this with 12mm ply across the timbers.

Fit your plasterboard leaving a 100mm gap at cup'd bracket height and fill this with 12mm ply across the timbers.

and plaster over? sounds a good idea that - anyway ive put some timber in-between the joists - i didnt have 1/2inch ply so just put in 2 lots of 1.5 x 2.5 so its 1.5 inch thick too screw into :)

thanks for the advice guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back