Noise From Boiler - Opinions Please

you remove the fan, insert finger to back left side and press down on plate, it should flex a little bit but if it moves its faulty, also happens on icos and isar models, though not as often. seen a couple like this after a technical help video was shown at work.
you do know that @shambolic is a lead technical engineer for Ideal boilers ?

Sponsored Links
Just to add, I'm going to phone BG tomorrow, and will post the resolution in this thread.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far, amazing.

Well BG were back today and replaced the Heat Exchanger. Touch wood, no plane noises (yet!)

One thing I have noticed is that the new Heat Exchanger is a bit noisier. It sounds almost like a fan running for about 30 seconds after the water is off and then turns off. I wouldn't consider it an alarming noise, just definitely a bit more audible whirring or buzzing than the previous one.

Is this likely just because it's brand new out of the box? Or has technology changed since 2011 (install date) and this one has something different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back