Noise insulation under floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, currently renovating 2 bed flat. I am top floor with one flat below me. Floors are standard tongue and groove wooden floorboards. The issue is that airborne noise coming through from flat below i.e TV, talking and coughing. There is currently standard loft insulation between the joists but was thinking about putting Rockwool over the top as well then decent underlay and carpet. I know a long job to take up the floorboards. Can anyone advise whether this would work? Also if anyone can recommend the best way to remove tongue and groove floorboards without creating to much damage.

Sponsored Links
I insulated a flat by just taking up a couple of floor boards thru the centre of the room and pouring in loose lay insulation and then moving it to the edges using a home made push stick [similar to a croupier stick]until floor is covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back