Noise, what noise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife's car (Corsa) had an oil leak. Took car to garage to get it fixed. Upon return my wife said there was a strange noise coming from the engine. Couldn't hear a damn thing. Possibility of a slight whooshing noise. Replaced the belt that drives the alternator. No difference she says.

A couple of weeks pass. Wife insists definitely a noise. Listen again. Slight vibration at idle speed. Sounded as though it could be the alternator bearings (never had that one before). Remove alternator - all seems fine. Replace alternator. Noise as before. Unfortunately I disconnected the battery (as you should) when looking at alternator. Security mechanism has kicked in on the radio and we don't have the code. Checked with supplier of car - code not on their database. Now have to take car into Vauxhall dealer so they can get the serial number of the radio, confirm I'm not a car thief and pay them to get code from Vauxhall.

I am about to wash my hands of doing anything to cars ever again :evil:

Sponsored Links
You can use people other than dealers to decode and they charge a lot less.

Now you tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vauxhall charged me £21.

Oh BTW, the noise was confirmed as the alternator, quoted £140 so I'm looking round for a cheaper source.

Sponsored Links
Back