Noisey Pipes - Not Ball Cock

U

Underlay

When I flush the toilet, or run the cold water taps, the pipes make a loud noise like Rolf Harris' digeredoo.

Reading some of the posts here it is suggested to change the washer in the ball cock valve, or just change the complete valve itself.

The noise is not coming from that part though. When the noise happens, I have pushed the ball cock down, and raised it to shut the valve but it still happens. The noise is not coming from the cold water tank region but more near the airing cupboard underneath.

More evidence is that the noise stops if I turn the taps on, but when the taps are turned off again it's noisey. After 20 seconds it fades out.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the ball cock in the cold water tank?

check the pipe runs make sure they are clipped and secure

just cos the noise aint coming from the ballcock dont mean it aint causing it

I think it must be the valve in the cold water tank now. Tried manually shutting it off an the noise dissapears.

I've bought a new valve. It says it can be set for low pressure or high pressure systems. How can I tell which is mine?

Water from cold mains supply. Tank in loft. House 10 year old. I guess high pressure?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back