Noisy and leaking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have spent quite some time on this now!

Toilet started making squeeking and vibrating noises from the ball cock (think that what you call it) and valve area. Recently caused after the cold taps have been turned off after being on hard and long.
If the ball cock arm was held up by hand and taps turned on and off then the noise goes away, so, i replaced the ball cock unit (torbex i think) and the noise went away (each time for a few hours or day). Now, today the vibrating noise has gone but there is a contant squeeking noise again coming from the tobex unit (bottom entry) and not sure what to try. Ideas?

I've adjusted the value by the toilet and the main cold tap but the noise wont go.
Also there has always been small amounts of water coming out of the top of the 2x torbex units in the toilet and a small amount constantly dripping into the toilet basin.

Woudl it be worth buying a better torbex unit or getting a better plumber (already had one who kept saying its an air lock). He was adamant that i needed to use the High Pressure valve in the torbex which i did. Would it be worth using the LP one?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Also there has always been small amounts of water coming out of the top of the 2x torbex units in the toilet and a small amount constantly dripping into the toilet basin.

Think that the leaking flush mechanism is the real culprit - since the water level is always dropping, the torbeck will never fully shut off, hence the squeaking.

Think that the leaking flush mechanism is the real culprit - since the water level is always dropping, the torbeck will never fully shut off, hence the squeaking.

well its better! managed to find that te tobeck wasnt put together right (for a 2nd time). Shoddy parts from toolstation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back