noisey pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
every time i put shower on or run hot water taps the pipes in one of the bedrooms go crazy with noise an also in loft above,it dont come soon as hot water is running but maybe after a few minits,its loud and like as if something is rubbing an makes squeeling sort of sound,can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
do you think its dropping to fastly?or how could it cause the noise?

When water starts to come out as the level drops, it's on the point of shutting off. So it does. Then realises it should be letting water in as the level is down, then shuts off........`this continues until either you lower the level enough, or it fills and stops. It shuts off because of low pressure generated by water flow and a washer that's probably too loose. It runs through this cycle very fast so it makes the pipes sound noisey.

thanks for the help oilman i replaced ball cock its not totally quiet now bu hell of a lot better an im happy with it,they gave me a low pressure one by mistake an i fitted it to the mains pipe that goes direct to tank but id be safer changin to a high pressure one soon eh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back