Noisey Potterton Puma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had my boiler serviced and they replaced the fan. This does seem to have improved pressure in the upstairs bathroom. But it still very noisey when running. Sort of a load gurgling?? Anything else that would cause this? And is it actually a problem?

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How did the fan improve circulation?

God knows, I'm not a bleeding plumber - boiler seems to working a bit better, perhaps that was the result of the service - how the heck should I know? All I asked was what is likely to be causing the noise?

Well in that case you will probably be none the wiser when I tell you the auto air vent is probably blocked!

Why not call back the engineer who replaced the fan?

Tony

Well in that case you will probably be none the wiser when I tell you the auto air vent is probably blocked!

Why not call back the engineer who replaced the fan?

Tony

OK a sensible suggestion, cheers... I will probably call back the engineer.

petit_pablo wrote:
How did the fan improve circulation?

God knows, I'm not a bleeding plumber

And you needn't assume we're bleeding stupid. the fan affects the gas/air not the water.

I didn't for one minute assume anyone was stupid! Presumably the fan is on there for some reason, such as making the boiler work better? I guess it's there to improve the efficiency of combustion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back