noisy biasi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we have just had a biazi combi bioler installed, it`s a M110 24SM/E.
when the bioler kicks-in it makes a droning noise, like a ships fog-horn.
Has anyone had this problem? and what is the cure !!!.

Sponsored Links
Did the installer properly commission the appliance and has he left the logbook in a filled in state?

I've been called to a few brand new "noisy" boilers lately that just haven't been set up properly... The most obvious way to find out if it was setup is whether or not the benchmark book has been completed (Eventhough some "interesting" installers will just guess the values), a non-filled in book is sure-fire evidence in my opinion.

You probably had a non registered cowboy who did not fit a properly sized gas supply pipe or commission or notify CORGI of the installation. That can give you a problem when you sell the property!

They have to be set up for CO2 output with a flue gas analyser! That noise indicates it has not been set up and the mixture is weak and CO2 is below 8.8%

Although the 24 kW is not so sensitive it still needs at least a 22 mm supply or larger if over about 5m from the gas meter.

If the manufacture date ( last four digits of the serial number ) was earlier than about 0606 then there is a small modification to the inlet silencer hose which reduces the noise but set it up first.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The OP has emailed me a copy of the Benchmark certificate.

Its partly filled in but no Notification number and no CORGi number is visible.

It does include an FGA printout ! This shows the % CO2 as 7.4 whereas the specification is for 8.8-9.0 %.

This is a typical example of an installer who has the equipment but does not know how to use it properly or interpret the results.

The gas valve will need to be adjusted at minimum power to bring the CO2 within spec and then the noise will stop !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back