Noisy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Glowworm Fuelsaver 40B MkII (came with the property)

When I moved in a year ago, used to sound like someone was beating the hell out of it. Ended up being a dodgy motorised valve.

Behaved itself ever since up until a week ago.

Now, when you hear the click of the flame lighting, it sounds like a modern kettle boiling (whooshing not bubbling), then, after 10-20 secs, the flame goes out and the noise subsides.

This happens every 2-3 mins.

All radiators have been checked for air and none found.

If I turn the pump from min to position two or three, the noise lessens but now the pump is too noisy.

HELP.

Just paid out £1400 to repair my car and can't face another hefty bill until bonus time in March.

Sponsored Links
it sounds as though your heat exchanger is scaled/sludged up. try the search feature lots of posts which will include many tips and procedures to try and resolve the problem.

but basically the boiler is full of crap and requires chemical cleaning to sort out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back