noisy central haeting system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,
we had a valiant combi boiler fitted about two years ago and since then we have had a banging sound through the pipes, upstairs, everytime the boiler comes on to heat up the radiaitors and everytime it cools down at night. During the day it doesnt seem to bang as bad. it seems to be an expansion noise but i have had the floorboards up and cant seem to find any pipes that are tight or not supported and they all have lagging as they pass through the joists. i have got thermostatic valves on a few of the radiators upstairs, could one of theses be causing the banging if it's faulty?
we have 3 downstairs radiators and 4 upstairs. the noise is deffinately worse up stairs.
i have also bled the stsytem a couple of times and bled all the radiators. no cold spots.

Sponsored Links
Treat system with lime scale shattering chemical, and sludge removal chemical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back