Noisy Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Ideal Classic boiler and just recently I have noticed how the central heating makes a feint whirring noise all the time (and now that I have noticed it, the louder it seems to get especially at 1am when I am trying to get some sleep!!). The noise occurs even when the central heating and hot water is off. Switching the on/off switch on the boiler makes no difference - the only way I can get the noise to disappear it to switch off the power to the system, which isn't ideal.

I have also noticed that even when the central heating and hot water is off, the boiler will occasionally fire up. Again, I never noticed it doing this before.

So, first of all is this normal or should I get someone in :?:

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I told you it was loud! :LOL:

I assume that it's not a figment of my imagination then and that it shouldn't be running all the time (or if it should, it should be quieter)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back