Noisy icos HE18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal icos HE18.
It has started making an intermitent very loud drumming sound a bit like the horn on an ocean going liner.
It stops if you touch the case but the noise is internal not casing.
Sometimes it runs for days as quiet as a mouse. Then it will make the noise for a few moments, then stop, then noisy, then stop.
Can anyone suggest anything?

Sponsored Links
The problem I have with your description is that I can see no internal noise being much affected by touching the casing.

You seem quite sure the problem is not resulting from a resonating casing.

Its probably a rasberry noise as a result of a weak mixture. Try turning the temperature control to minimum as that will accentuate any problem and may encourage the noise to start.

If thats the problem you will need a competent CORGI engineer with a Flue Gas Analyser.

Tony

Agree with Tony that there is too much air in the burning mixture.

Could check the fan mountings, can't think what elase would cause this, but touching the casing would have no direct contact with the fan.

There have been a couple of reported problems with this type of noise due to a faulty flue connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back