Noisy Ideal Logic Heat 15 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an ideal logic heat 15 boiler that is making gurgling noises and when heating water and when requesting heat for radiators, it makes more of a vibrating rattling noise, the former results in an L2 error and the latter normally an F2 error code. I rang Ideal to see if they would come out to fix it, they advised me to get a plumber to check the condensate as this can be cause of the gurgling. I'm pretty unsure it's going to be the condensate pipe though, it's a new build house and the condensate pipe seems to be routed internally so doubt it has got blocked up. It seems more likely to be an issue with the gas valve or the injector etc needing cleaning.

I'm trying to see if there's anything that would help indicate if it was likely the condensate pipe or something with the boiler, the only other thing I have that seems odd is that if the boiler starts to error/gurgle then not using it for a few days and then firing it up again usually works fine, although the boiler gets increasingly noisy the longer it is left on before finally it gurgles and vibrates that much that it does end up locking out again.

I'm happy to get someone to fix it but am unsure if I'm best with a plumber or a boiler engineer, Ideal advised a plumber might save an expensive and needless call out but I'm finding it difficult to believe it's a blockage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it’s routed into the sink waste it can be totally blocked - I’ve had this on several occasions now, especially on new builds.

If it’s routed into the sink waste it can be totally blocked - I’ve had this on several occasions now, especially on new builds.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think the fact that if we leave the boiler for a couple of days then it does work for longer before failing again make sense if it was blocked, leaving it for some time allows it to very slowly drain away?

Also any advice on how I might be able to check it. The condensate pipe is routed straight out into the cavity and then i think back around into the sink waste but it’s hard to locate it coming back in anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Why not get the boiler serviced.
Ideal ask that the burner be removed, HE flushed and electrodes clearances checked.

There are other checks and adjustments that also need checking so a person familiar with this boiler will resolve your problem and carry out full service as makers ask too

Do this regularly

Had someone round yesterday that cleaned out the condensate trap and the condensate pipe and it’s working fine again now. Going to sort out getting it serviced regularly from now on as it looks like it could be something that easily fails and the pipework isn’t easy to get to in order to fix if it goes wrong. Thanks for all the advice.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
See Had someone round yesterday that cleaned out the condensate trap and the condensate pipe and it’s working fine again now. Going to sort out getting it serviced regularly from now on as it looks like it could be something that easily fails and the pipework isn’t easy to get to in order to fix if it goes wrong. Thanks for all the advice.
Good that the boiler is fine again.
mind you, would have been cheaper to get it serviced at the same time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back